‘Express Your Selfie’ Contest Official Rules
Official Rules – ‘Express Your Selfie’ Contest
Sponsored by Beamly Inc. (“Beamly”)
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by applicable law, and all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Winners are responsible for any taxes, customs, duties and like amounts connected with the prizes.
- 1. How to Enter. To participate in ‘Express Your Selfie’ Contest for a chance to win the prize(s) detailed below, eligible persons may download the Beamly app for iOS or Android and sign in with either a Facebook or Twitter user ID and Password. Eligible persons must post an Animated Selfie or Selfie on the Profile Page of a participating past Big Brother contestant (See Appendix) using an iOS device such as an iPhone or iPad. Alternatively, eligible persons may post a Selfie (not animated) on the Profile Page of a participating past Big Brother contestant (See Appendix) using an Android device. Animated Selfies and Selfies may not be posted directly to www.beamly.com. Animated Selfies and Selfies must be posted to a participating past Big Brother contestant’s profile feed (See Appendix for links) from 12:00 a.m. (midnight) Eastern Time on July 9, 2014 until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on July 17, 2014 (the “Entry Period”). Winners will be announced on July 17, 2014 by the past Big Brother contestant (See Appendix) in the Big Brother TV Chat Room: www.beamly.com/bigbrother. See section 3 for more detail on prizing fulfillment.
- 2. Eligibility. Eligibility to participate in the Contest or to win a prize is limited to individual persons at least eighteen (18) years of age at the beginning of the Entry Period, who are legal residents of the United States or its territories and possessions. Entries with inappropriate images, videos, derogatory or discriminatory comments or unlawful content will be removed and deemed ineligible. Entrants who disregard these Official Rules are not eligible to participate or win. Directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents (and their immediate families and household members) of Beamly, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and Contest agencies, including the Administrator, or any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Contest within six (6) months prior to the beginning of the Entry Period are also not eligible. Beamly’s determination of eligibility, in its sole discretion, shall be final.
- 3. How to Play. ‘Express Your Selfie’ – Entrants will have a chance to win prizes (described in Section 3a below) to be awarded to the best Animated Selfie or Selfie judged at the discretion of each past Big Brother contestant (See Appendix).
- 3a. Prizes. ‘Express Your Selfie’ – Beamly will award up to six (6) eligible participants with One Hundred US Dollars ($100) each for a grand total of up to $600.
- 3b. Conditions of Participation. Each participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the Beamly Terms & Conditions which can be found here: beamly.com/animatedselfie and to conform to and comply with all laws and regulations, and other applicable third party platform rules. Each participant further agrees to comply with the decisions of Beamly and to accept delivery of any prize won based upon availability. In addition, each contestant represents and warrants that: (a) all information contained in his/her Registration entry is true and accurate; and (b) they will not submit any content to Beamly as part of this Contest that infringes or violates another party’s copyrights, trademark rights (or any other intellectual property rights) or that otherwise depicts any individuals that have not granted permission to be featured; and (c) they have all power, authority, licenses and permissions as may be necessary to allow them to post any content to or within Beamly. Beamly is not responsible for any printing errors in these Official Rules or otherwise in any materials available at the Contest Site. By completing a Registration, Registered Contestants grant to Beamly, its agents and others working on their behalf the right to use the Registered Contestant’s name, employer affiliation and/or TV Room(s) (or screen shots thereof) for advertising and marketing purposes, including on the Contest Site, without additional compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Unless a Registered Contestant otherwise opts out, Beamly and its designees may use the Registered Contestant’s physical and/or e-mail address to contact the Registered Contestant regarding Beamly’s services and other offers and/or Contests. All Registration entries and their content become the property of Beamly and each participant hereby irrevocably assigns any and all rights in such content to Beamly. Beamly shall not be responsible for lost, late, misidentified or misdirected Registration entries or telecommunication or computer hardware or software performance, errors, delays or failures. If, for any reason, the fairness or integrity of the Contest becomes compromised, or Beamly’s administration or fulfillment of the Contest becomes impracticable, Beamly reserves the right to terminate or modify the Contest, and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Registration or process or the administration of the Contest. Entry is free but participants should be aware that they may be subject to local call charges depending on their own individual arrangements for internet access.
- 3c. Winner Notification. ‘Express Your Selfie’ winners will be selected on July 17, 2014. Entrants will be notified via public announcement in the Big Brother TV Chat Room: www.beamly.com/bigbrother. Selected winners will then have forty-eight (48) hours to contact Beamly at Vip@beamly.com in order to complete the Prize fulfillment process. Each former Big Brother contestant retains sole discretion of the winners and all decisions are final. Beamly may require the Prize winner to execute an affidavit of eligibility, publicity release (except where prohibited), liability waiver and/or IRS Form W-9 (if required by IRS regulations) prior to the delivery of any prize (collectively, “Affidavit”). If the relevant Prize winner does not respond to the notification within forty eight (48) hours, is found to be ineligible, fails to execute the Affidavit or other documentation required by Beamly and/or the relevant Prize is returned as undeliverable, Beamly may consider such Prize winner to have forfeited the relevant Prize, and another Prize winner may be selected as time allows. The relevant Prize will be awarded within approximately  days of the winner’s response to Beamly’s notification in accordance with these Rules. Beamly makes no warranties with regard to the Prizes. The Prizes are not transferable and the winner has no right of substitution (in cash or otherwise). Beamly reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability.
- 3d. Announcement of Winners. Beamly reserves the right to post the names of the winners in the Beamly app, Beamly.com, tvbuzz.beamly.com and Beamly social media accounts after the end of the Entry Period on the Contest Site.
- 4. Disclaimers, Dispute Resolution and Limitations of Liability. Each Registered Contestant hereby releases, and agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Beamly, those working on its behalf, and each of their respective officers, directors, representatives, employees, agents, successors and assigns, from any damage, injury, death, loss or other liability, either at law or equity, whether known or unknown, asserted or non-asserted, that may arise from or in any way relate to participation in this Contest or the awarding, acceptance, use or misuse of the Prizes or any other substitute prize. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. This Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, regardless of conflicts of laws principles. Any action or litigation concerning this Contest shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in New York County, New York, and each Registered Contestant expressly consents to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waives all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Each Registered Contestant agrees to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of New York. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST. REGISTERED CONTESTANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
For all queries in relation to this Contest please contact: Beamly Inc. at email: Vip@beamly.com.
Participating Former Big Brother Contestants
1. Elissa Slater – http://beamly.com/elissa
2. Judd Daugherty – http://beamly.com/judd
3. Ashley Iocco – http://beamly.com/ashley
4. Brendon Villegas – http://beamly.com/Brendon
5. Rachel Reilly – http://beamly.com/Rachel
6. GinaMarie Zimmerman – http://beamly.com/GinaMarie